Thursday, July 2, 2009

1974 Caveman

My first Camper……
Well I think it was about April when I got the crazy idea in my head that we should buy a camp trailer. Vance and I both like to camp and since we are both getting old (24&25) we decided we should upgrade from tent and look for a camper. It was quite a challenge trying to find a camper that was in decent shape and didn’t cost a fortune. We went and looked at tent campers, and pull behinds and didn’t really find any that caught our eye. Randomly my mom found one in Butte that some family friends had for sale and ended up being just what we needed. So $500 dollars later I was the proud owner of a 1974 Caveman 13’ pull behind camp trailer. My mom and I fixed up the inside, re-modeling the floor, polishing the walls and sewed new curtains (mom’s are the best). Vance and my dad did some work to the outside-rewiring the running lights etc. We took the camper out on our first trip May 15 and had a great time. We fished with my dad and BBQ that night with my parents. It was so great sleeping in our own trailer. This year we have been out 4 times so far and have many great adventures ahead of us!!!

1 comment: